Cycling News (livecyclingchannel24.blogspot.com) - Mark Cavendish revealed today that he has decided which team he will ride for next year but refused to reveal his employers' identity.

The Tour de France green jersey, reportedly a target for Team Sky, said that he might even have decided to stay with his current team HTC-Highroad.

Fellow Britons Bradley Wiggins and Geraint Thomas already ride with Team Sky, so it has been argued that Cavendish might see them as an ideal fit with the Olympics set to take place in London next year.


But the Manxman told BBC 5 Live: "I want to go to the best place to help me win and that might me staying where I am now."

He added: "I have decided. I decided on Saturday, I was in a hotel in Eindhoven. You just know. You know when something's right."

Cavendish, who is among the favourites to win the World Championship in Copenhagen in September, was free to sign for another team for next season from Monday.

However he has a strong bond with his team-mates at HTC, whose riders' hard work has helped him to an incredible 20 Tour de France stage wins.

If Cavendish were to leave, the likes of HTC lead-out man Mark Renshaw could go with him. Others could follow, so his decision will have serious ramifications for HTC.

Of September's championships in Copenhagen, Cavendish said: He said: "I think with the team I have and the course it is the best chance of my career to win the worlds.